5 NOVEMBER 2019
Dear Parents and Students,
Please take note of the following notifications:
TRINITY COLLEGE PRACTICAL EXAMS
- The Trinity College Practical Exams will be held on 19 November 2019.
- The Location for the exams are at World of Yamaha, Eastern Service Road, Wendywood:
- The Students and timetable is as follow:
- Matthew Bryon: Piano – Initial: 08:30 AM
- Sonali Hansrajh: Piano – Initial: 08:40 AM
- Daniel Doubell: Piano – Initial: 08:50 AM
- Emily van der Zee: Piano – Initial: 09:00 AM
- George Cloete-Hopkins: Piano – Initial: 09:10 AM
- Shayna Modi: Piano – Grade 1: 09:20 AM
- Zeenal Modi: Piano – Grade 2: 09:31 AM
- Ashlin Anne Fraser: Piano – Grade 1: 09:42 AM
- Andrew van der Zee: Piano – Grade 2: 10:08 AM
- Kirsten Cloete-Hopkins: Piano – Grade 1: 10:19 AM
- Nicola Anne Fraser: Piano – Grade 3: 10:30 AM
- Liam Cole Hildebrandt: Piano – Grade 3: 10:42 AM
- Kayla Esterhuizen: Piano – Grade 5: 10:54 AM
- Please take note that for some students, this may clash with your end of year school exams. If this is the case, please contact the school as soon as possible and arrange for writing your exam either earlier or later.
- Accommodating students writing these type of exams during exam time have not been problematic with previous years.
- I do apologize in advance should you have difficulties with the school. It is unfortunately not in my control when the exams take place and at what times. These dates are auto-generated by Trinity College and cannot be changed.
- Should you have to defer due to complications, notify me as soon as possible so that I may try and negotiate a credit transfer for the monies payed with the Trinity College Representative. This is however not guaranteed.
- It is important to be at the venue at least 15 to 30 minutes before your exam commences. Trinity is very strict on the odd times they do exams as they run a very long daily schedule. If you miss your time, you will not get a later opportunity. However, please keep me informed should you run late so that I may try to have them schedule you later if possible and should their be other students that have cancelled their exams.
- I will be present at the exams as I need to play duets with some students for their exam and I need to have the original book copies with me to allow you into the exam.
- I will also bring the necessary documentation to the exam.
- Students should remember to bring their playing book with their pieces to the exam. If you fail to bring your book, you may play from the original but it will be unmarked with you notes that will help you remember what to do. PLEASE do not forget your book.
TERM SCHEDULE FOR THE LAST MONTH
- During the week of 4 to 8 November, we will conclude our practical lessons.
- During the week of 11 – 15 November, we will do Theory for the term.
- During the week of 18 – 22 November, we will be doing revision on all the work covered for the term.
- During the week of 25 – 29 November all students will be writing and playing their final assessment for 2019.
- Please inform me should you not be attending any lessons for the term during these times as soon as possible so that I may adjust the schedule in a timely manner.
- As of 11 November, Rivonia Primary will close at 1 PM each day.
- This means that lessons will start from 1 PM.
- I would like to adjust the schedule so that all student finish early each day due to exams.
- Please inform me should starting earlier be a problem so that I may adjust the schedule and report it to everyone. I have attached the schedule with the new times below.
- Please moderate and let me know if this will cause complications. Should you fail to notify me of any complications, you will not receive credit for lessons missed.
- Also note that should students cancel you will be notified and may even start earlier if possible.
- There are numerous outstanding invoices for the month which is unacceptable.
- No lessons will continue until fees are paid in full.
- Please remember to pay your invoices on time.
- All parents or students with outstanding invoices will be notified today.
- On 23 November, you will receive your invoice for December.
- Please remember that fees are averaged over 12 months, so irrespective of holidays, you will receive a full invoice minus any outstanding credit.
- Each parent/student will also receive a yearly statement. As some parents paid more or less some months than stated on the invoices, please DO NOT pay the invoice sent out.
- You need to pay the amount stipulated on the statement.
- It is crucial that should you be continuing with me for 2020 with music lessons, you settle the new invoice that will be generated on 15 December before or on 31 December 2019.
- Should you fail to do so, you will be removed from the current schedule and placed on the Waiting List.
- It is important to notify me on or before 1 December 2019 if you plan to terminate lessons going forward for the new year.
- I need to plan for January and notify my Waiting List students of openings.
- There will be policy amendments for 2020. I am currently working on it and will have it ready to view by 23 November 2019.
- You will then have 7 days before the final date of invoice payments to review these changes for 2020.
FEE ADJUSTMENTS FOR 2020
- The annual fee increase will come due from 1 January 2020.
- Increases will be:
- 8% to lesson fees.
- that equates to an average of R 13,92 increase per 30 minute lesson for private students and
- that equates to an average of R17,04 increase per 30 minute lesson for Rivonia primary students.
- 10% to travel fees.
- Registration will stay at R 150.
- Annual Stationary fees will increase to R 165.
- 8% to lesson fees.